The mission of the Public Health Dynamics Laboratory is to:
- Develop interdisciplinary approaches using computational models to advance the theory and practice of public health.
- Contribute to "Systems Thinking" in the training of the next generation of Public Health professionals.
The specific goals of the PHDL are to:
- Provide leadership in computational simulation and modeling across the Graduate School of Public Health.
- Provide in-house computational support for the development of new modeling and simulation efforts.
- Serve as a link between GSPH and the University of Pittsburgh Center for Simulation and Modeling, the Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center, other Schools at the University of Pittsburgh, and collaborators at Carnegie Mellon University.
- Provide an invigorating research environment for faculty, students and post-doctoral fellows interested inadvancing computational approaches to problems in public health.